We're going to depart from the normal format and do a quick recap followed by what we want for 2009.
Game Recap Thoughts:
1. 20-10!!!! Winning 2/3 of our games...well, if the Falcons can go 11-5 - we can win 50 AND the South Division. Let's not make our ceiling too low, folks. Let's win our division while we're at it.
2. While I keep hearing that the Nuggets are a much better team, it sure didn't look like it yesterday. Yes, Melo and Billups were off, but they just didn't look to be any better than the Oklahoma City Thunder last night.
3. If we can rebound the offensive glass and shoot the 3 ball like that every 2 out of 3 games, we'll be tough to beat for the rest of the season. I'm still worried about how this translates in the playoffs. I don't remember a lights out 3 point shooting team winning the NBA title since...oh, ever.
4. I take back everything I ever said bad about Bibby. I promise to point that angst toward the ill-fated experiment called - Flip Murray is your backup point and shooting guard.
5. We actually have a home court advantage these days without a rabid crowd. Think of what a rabid crowd atmosphere would do...
For 2009, this is what I want
1. For Zaza to continue to play just the way he's playing right now...Mike don't mess with his minutes, please.
2. For Josh Smith to cease shooting from the outside and to resume doing what all wing players are taught at the age of 10, rebound, then find your point guard, pass it to him, look to get the ball back on the break.
3. For Sekou Smith (who I respect greatly) to show that he has journalistic integrity to find out why Acie Law IV has been relegated to Mario West, Randolph Morris, and Solomon Jones status. Ask Mike Woodson or ask the players or ask the GM, but ask SOMEONE to provide us an answer to this question before me and every other fan/blogger, etc explodes.
4. For Mo Evans and Flip Murray to revert back to the guys who made a big difference in the first 7 games of the season.
5. For Al Horford to make his presence felt in the low post every night.
6. For Mike Woodson at some stage to recognize that we need to prepare our team and offense for the playoffs, which in some fashion means - we need a low post option or we need to re-learn how to get out on running mercilessly (which means we can't expect Mike Bibby to do that for 40 minutes and will need another point guard to keep up the pace...wonder who that would be? Note: His name isn't Flip Murray).
These are my wishes...now, let's get this road victory to avenge the loss to the Pacers earlier in the season.
I'm ready to make a new prediction and that's that we will now go 51-31. Crazy, I know, but...you must believe it to achieve it. Let's Go Hawks!
Hornets vs Hawks final score: Atlanta outlasts Charlotte, 117-114 - The Atlanta Hawks closed the preseason with a 117-114 overtime victory over the Charlotte Hornets on Monday night. Monday night marked the final presea...
7 hours ago