A few more observations today since tonight's game was just as frustrating as last night's. The only difference is that we were playing a SIGNIFICANTLY worse team and therefore, we were able to win, but let's not fool ourselves. I'm puzzled at almost everything that the Hawks do these days.
1. Al Horford - Yes, you wanted to make a mockery of my lack of belief in you, so of course you put in his second best effort of the year. Unfortunately, color me unconvinced when you're playing a shorthanded frontcourt that includes Shelden Williams, Spencer Hawes, and a rookie named Thompson. Yep, not convinced at all...
2. Acie Law IV - if you want to come to my house and say every cuss word possible - you have an open ear here. No worries - I got you. Flip doesn't play, you don't get in in the 1st half, you get in in the 2nd half and the team extends the lead - you come out, you don't see the court again. Well, so much for thinking he was going to at least be showcased for a trade OR that we have any clue on how to create ROLES and build TRUST and increase CONFIDENCE in our players. Woody, why not say a big collective F you to Acie and get it over with?
3. Josh Smith - He gets two fouls and doesn't play the rest of the half when you're already shorthanded and (wait for it!) he ends up with 3 fouls for the game. This is supposed to make sense to me...(HOW AGAIN?). Though after watching him commit a lane violation down the stretch, maybe Woody was benching him in advance of making a boneheaded play in the 2nd half. If it's that kind of clairvoyance that we're dealing with, I'm in full agreement.
4. Mike Bibby - That's how you play when you visit your old team. Joe, please heed this for all future trips to Phoenix.
5. Here's another example of the Hawks lack of leadership and mental fortitude. We've played several teams who were unexpectedly shorthanded - in each, we either lost or went down to the wire for the victory. When the reverse has occurred, we've been blown out. Tonight, no Miller or Salmons - yet, we almost lost to a vastly inferior squad...you fill in the excuse.
6. Yes, I realize we won (on the road even). I also believe that winning against bad teams and getting creamed against good teams is a recipe for a 1st round loss. It's also a recipe for not having home court advantage in the playoffs. Dammit - I think I've turned into Bret Legree on the pessimistic meter!
7. For all of my Billy Knight apologies (and I have many since I truly don't believe on the whole that he was nearly as bad as he's been made out to be), I'll NEVER forgive him for selecting Sheldon Williams. Marvin - OK, but Sheldon with Roy available is just unbelievably awful. Considering what had occurred with Paul/Williams losing out to Marvin Williams, I'm still wondering why fans aren't MORE upset with selecting Sheldon instead of Brandon Roy. That was WAYYY worse than not selecting CP3 or D-Will.
Finally, did Josh Smith have 4 rebounds against a front line of Thompson, Hawes, and Williams?...Really, did that just happen?
46-36 reluctantly...let's see how we respond in Portland! Cheerio!
Not Your Average Review: Klay Thompson’s shoes - Klay Thompson’s signature sneaker, the ANTA KT2 Earlier this week Klay Thompson scored 60 points vs. the Indiana Pacers. While most of Klay’s ability to...
5 hours ago