Here's our first official ad and embedded video. We'll be posting video and more for the Atlanta community. So, check it out and spread the word...
The NBA and Sprite are bringing the best amateur dunkers in the U.S. to the NBA All-Star Weekend 2010 in Dallas to crown a Sprite Slam Dunk Showdown champion. It’s time to put non-NBA dunkers with the skills on the big stage!For Dunkers:
- One champion dunker will be selected in Atlanta, winning $1000 and other great prizes
- For those who can’t make the event, two champions will be selected via the online video submission contest.
- Of the ten total champions (we’re doing this in 7 other cities), the public will vote for their favorites and the top four dunkers will be sent to the 2010 NBA All-Star Weekend in Dallas to compete for the $10,000 Grand Prize and the opportunity to be involved on the Saturday night NBA Slam Dunk Contest
- VIP Access: This is the added bonus. The four finalists will get seats to both the 2010 NBA All-Star Game and The NBA Slam Dunk Contest, and inside access to players and legends
- Schwag: The 40 dunk contestants who participate in the Showdown events in each market will receive authentic jerseys, shorts and adidas basketball shoes
- Each dunker participant will receive an adidas jersey, shorts and shoes. The top dunker in Atlanta will receive $1,000, a Flip Video Camera and be eligible to win the Grand Prize. Second place dunker will receive $500.
- This Atlanta Showdown is this weekend (May 8: 5PM - 10PM; May 9: 11AM - 9PM; May 10: 2PM - 8PM) at the Sweet Auburn Springfest.
- Admission is free for fans and dunkers alike.
• This is an official NBA Sprite sponsored event, which means the best of the best will be attracted to compete. The stakes are high.
• Fan Votes Count. Voting via SMS at the events and online votes for the final round to determine the four champions that will go to Dallas keeps this fan-focused and ultimately fan-crowned
• 8 opportunities to see the best dunkers live
• Interaction with other fans via Facebook and Twitter (we’re currently setting these communities up. Links to come later)
Online Video Submissions and Voting
1. Online Video Submissions – Beginning this month, those who can’t make the event (or dunkers who didn’t win in Atlanta), can upload a video of their dunk at nba.com/dunk.
2. LeBron James – Yes, LeBron will personally select the two top dunkers from the top fan-rated videos
3. Fans Vote – Fans vote online for their favorite dunkers once the 10 finalists are chosen.