So, we'll eschew the Game Recap format and go to Game Reverb mode...Hawks 118, Bulls 83. Here's my thoughts...
- Pretty much everyone got in on the fun, so no Mike Woodson complaints today, but we only hope that there was one takeaway from the victory. Using your bench can actually result in an extension of the lead. What was still in contention started to unravel at the point that the reserves were given a chance to extend the lead. Let's hope that this encourages Mike Woodson to continue to play the 2nd team more minutes as not just rest for starters, but as a spark for the team when the starters aren't getting it done. So, yes - if Joe is shooting like my lil' brother - you can SIT him for other options to keep a L off the standings sheet.
- Get well soon, Joe Smith...
- Twitter gave me two nuggets - 1) that hoopinion's expectations of joe johnson were raised due to his performance at Dallas to the point that his performance vs. the Bulls seemed to be a big let down (our take: same ol' Joe) and 2) that Lang Whitaker of Slam Magazine (a swell guy he seems) thinks that Teague will get more minutes when he plays better defense (our take: wouldn't he have to be on the court more to determine how good he can be on defense and wouldn't the players ahead of him have to play defense to even make that a fair litmus test...I respect Lang, but I will cling to my thought of Mike Woodson doesn't know how to develop rookies or depth for the postseason).
- Since Teague and defense came up, might as well say - uh, that was a LeBron-esque swat of Salmons' layup. GTSOOH!
- A Hawks blowout just goes to show you how quickly players regress to a Golden State Warriors all out offensive assault when left to their own devices. Yes, you have to have a real team playing against you, but there was nary an offensive set run from mid-way through the 3rd quarter.
- As for our injuries, Joe Smith - sit until 100%, same for Bibby...we can survive without you guys for a week or two. Please just get 100% before trying to trot yourselves out there again. Seeing Bibby with a slight limp is VERY disconcerting. Teague can handle things until you get back...trust!
- Finally, Vinny - all I can say is...make 'em fire you b/c you might not get another NBA head coaching paycheck for a long time at this rate.